Saturday, September 29, 2012

Yuri Manga Review: Girlfriends


@FanBoy: Well, FanGirl has been pretty busy lately. -.-"

Because FanBoy has been doing his job as a fan and gave us very wonderful news (that would not be enjoyed till next year)...

I present you...

A Manga Review!!!!

Today, I'm going to talk about Morinaga Milk's Ultra Successful and Popular Manga...

They look familiar...


Girlfriends!!!

Girlfriends is a story of two girls who, at the very beginning of the story, were not friends. In fact they were so very different from one another, it hardly made any sense why they became friends in the first place. But anyway, since this is a yuri manga, the impossible happens. XD
Compare her to the next one...

Now tell me, what the hell do they have in common?

The first few chapters would drag meaninglessly on, seriously. The story development is very slow in the beginning, but patience and long-suffering has very precious rewards! 

Of course, I mean this. SPOILER!

I'm not going to spoil the entire series and just leave you to suffer a few chapters and then get dismayed and then elated...then kind of annoyed somewhere in the middle too. But just in case you get the wrong idea, you actually will like getting dismayed, elated and annoyed by this series. I read this series in one go and I remember thinking... "Damn, if I had to wait every week for the next chapter, I probably would have starved myself in anticipation." (In hindsight, I really should have done that. Maybe then I wouldnt be so fat.)


The ending though...well it felt kind of...odd? Like it just ended. Oh sure they...blah blah spoiler blah blah...but then what? It felt kind of disappointing the way it ended. But all in all, it's a great read. Just don't get too bothered with the ending. Maybe it's just me. :D


The art is typical of Morinaga Milk. The characters are moe and everyone in the series is loveable...even the side characters are awesome (which isnt something you read very often), adding one more reason to why I love Girlfriends.


It has been licensed for US and is coming out on October. I can't wait to get my hands on a copy...because, seriously, I hate reading stuff on screen. I'm a bookworm. I prefer my paperbacks than LCD screens.


So this is my two cents on that manga. It's not very informative, not as great as FanBoy's reviews (he writes awesome reviews, doesn't he?).


---FanGirl





No comments:

Post a Comment

Wish to rant about? Go ahead!